Check in time: Between 2:00pm to 9:00 pm. When you arrive, give your name to the person at the front desk. They will then contact the Tree House’s on-call staff to assist with your check in. If you will arrive before 2pm or after 9pm, make sure you let Anush Neeraj know via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org so he can inform the Tree House staff to expect a check-in outside of typical hours.
Check out time: 11:00am on day of departure
Check out on Sunday, July 24, 2016 – If necessary, the Tree House can extend your check out time to 8pm on Sunday night. This way, you can keep your room key and leave your luggage in the room until you are ready to leave or until 8pm (whichever is earlier).
What the Tree House will provide:
- Your own twin XL bed (probably more narrow than you are used to), dresser, desk, and bookcase
- Linens – fitted sheet, flat top sheet, pillow and pillow case, light summer blanket, two towels, and a face cloth
- All utilities, air conditioning, cable TV connection, WiFi and Ethernet connection port
- 24-hour courtesy desk & card access to all exterior doors
- Access to Laundry Facility ($1.50 to wash, $1.50 to dry)
- Your first roll of toilet paper (if you run out, you need to buy more on your own)
What IGLC 2016 will provide in your room:
- Public transportation map + Map of Boston
- One laundry soap pod (so you can do a load of laundry)
- Two pairs of earplugs
- One bottle of water
What the Tree House will NOT provide:
- Telephone, alarm clock, computer, Ethernet cable, toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc.), trash cans, apartment cleaning supplies, cleaning service, room service, pots, pans, cooking utensils, plates, bowls, cups, silverware, microwaves, hangers, iron, and ironing board.
Smoking and alcohol: Not permitted in the Tree House
The Tree House will issue you an ID card. Do not lose your ID card! ID card replacement is $15.00 per card.
Do not lose your key! Key replacement is $50.00 per key.
Convenience store: Located on the first floor of the Artists Residence building next door. Hours:
- Monday–Friday 11:00am–11:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 2:00pm–11:00pm
Nearest drugstore (for buying your second roll of toilet paper, etc.):
CVS Pharmacy, 350 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02215. Hours:
- Monday–Friday 6:30AM–10PM
- Saturday & Sunday 8AM–10PM
Deliveries / Mail: For mail, the Tree House can accept mail, however it should be delivered around the time of your arrival/stay. Please use the following address:
578 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
Mailroom hours are Monday-Friday from 6pm-10pm and notices will be left on your door when mail arrives.
Getting to the IGLC 2016 Conference Center from the Tree House:
Getting to the Tree House from the Airport using Taxis available at the Airport (One-way ~ $30.00-45.00)
Getting to the Tree House from the Airport using Public Transportation (One-way $2.75)
- From the airport, you would take the airport shuttle to the Blue Line T-stop (the shuttle is free)
- At the Blue Line Airport T-stop, take the Inbound train to the Government Center station
- At Government Center, transfer to the Green Line
- At the Green Line track, only board the E-Heath Street train (it’s a branch of the Green Line).
- There are other trains that will come through, you want the E-Heath Street train only
- After boarding the E train, you will exit at the Longwood Medical Center stop
- It is the 3rd stop above ground
- At the Longwood Medical Center stop, walk toward the front of the train
- After exiting the train, cross the tracks and then cross Huntington Avenue
- You will be crossing toward a building with blue trimmed windows. This is Smith Hall.
- Keep Smith Hall on your right and walk down Huntington Ave
- Walk pass a small “park” area and a couple of large brownstone residence halls
- These will all be on your right
- You will see a large brownish orange building (with occasional lime green stripes) in front of you on the right
- This is the Tree House.
- Continue to walk toward the Tree House
- At the traffic lights, the sidewalk will turn slightly to your right
- Follow the sidewalk
- It will pass in front of a leopard statute
- Keep the leopard statue on your right
- Cross over a street (Vancouver Street)
- The Tree House will be on your left hand side after a small park
- You have arrived at your location
- The courtesy officer will buzz you into the building
- Inform the courtesy officer that you are here to check in for housing